Anywhere Jesus went he was doing good; after feeding them with the word of God, He would also feed them with the physical food.
In Matthew 14:13-21; Mark 6:30-44; Luke 9:10-17; John 6:1-15), Jesus Feeds 5,000 People. Jesus and His disciples also involved in rendering necessary assistance to the community they found themselves.
Jesus specifically teaches hospitality in Matthew 25:31-46: 31 when He said “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 FOR I WAS HUNGRY AND YOU GAVE ME SOMETHING TO EAT, I WAS THIRSTY AND YOU GAVE ME SOMETHING TO DRINK, I WAS A STRANGER AND YOU INVITED ME IN, 36 I NEEDED CLOTHES AND YOU CLOTHED ME, I WAS SICK AND YOU LOOKED AFTER ME, I WAS IN PRISON AND YOU CAME TO VISIT ME.
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’40 “THE KING WILL REPLY, ‘TRULY I TELL YOU, WHATEVER YOU DID FOR ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF MINE, YOU DID FOR ME.’
In line with the commands of our Lord Jesus Christ, we are happy to declare that, our church cares about our community and our mission engagement goes beyond taking care of only our members, we have been called to serve individuals who may never set foot in our building and we are invested in creating programs to help those in our community. The bible instructs that we help our neighbors and bless those around us. Part of our mission engagement is to make sure our church touches lives. Some of the ways we are doing that is through our various community outreach programs. Some of the community services we provide include but not limited to:
- Through our hospitality department, we reach out to support the low-moderate families in the community
- Prison Ministry: evangelical visitation to prison units in our city and suburbs, to preach the love of Christ and meet the needs of the prisoners. We also registered to render help by giving food and gifts to children whose parents are locked up in the prison
- Provide assistance and materials to victims of natural disasters such as floods, hurricane e.t.c.
- Food Bank: We provide meals and food to the communities on scheduled days in the month.
- Christmas Drive: Low income families and their children are given gifts during the festive period while sharing the love of Christ.
- Fathers & Mothers days drive: we share gifts to the father and mothers on those days.
- Bridge Events: specifically designed for members of the community and providing events they need or will enjoy through our program called COMMUNITY INITIATIVE
- Back to school initiative
- MEDICAL OUTREACH: Our vast resource of medical and health personnel in partnership with Local health providers offer free screenings such as blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol testing, mammograms and oral cancer screening. BMI screenings, nutritional counseling and wellness training are amongst other services we offer in our community centers.